- 1 Step 0
- 2 Step 1 - If the problem is resolved
- 3 Step 2 - If the problem persists
- 4 Step 3 - If the problem persists
- 5 Step 4 - If the problem persists
- 6 Step 5 - If the problem is resolved
- 7 Step 6 - If the problem persists
- 8 Step 7 - If the problem persists
- 9 Step 8 - If the problem is resolved
- 10 Step 9 - If the problem persists
- 11 Step 10 - If the problem is resolved
- 12 Step 11 - If the problem persists
- 13 Step 12 - If the problem is resolved
- 14 Step 13 - If the problem persists
- 15 Step 14 - If the problem persists
This guide is first thing to look at for general assistance:
- Loginproblems, buttons not working, display problems.
- Overviews not appearing ( events, sensor phalanx, techtree, messages, alliance, ... ).
- Pages not loading, not loading properly or loading extremly slow.
Please follow these instructions step by step and then follow green or red step depending on the success.
1. Press the key combination Ctrl + F5 on the affected site.
- This will force every browser to reload only the current page.
Step 1 - If the problem is resolved
1. Have fun and : "Ctrl F5 fixes many browserproblems"
Step 2 - If the problem persists
1. If pages are not loading or loading extremly slow :
- Please check out, if other sites are accessible.
- Please check out, whether the startpage or your universe is generally accessible : << Serverstatus >>
- Please check out, whether the startpage or your universe is accessible from your computer : << How to ping a server >>
- Please check out the connection or the connection quality, especially for WLAN : << DSL Speedtest >>
2. If the problem still exists, please go to step 9.
Step 3 - If the problem persists
3. Please deactivate ALL addons, which includes Grease Monkey and Stylish. 4. Please deactivate popup blocker in your browser and set it correctly. 5. Close your browser, wait for a while and start it again.
Step 4 - If the problem persists
1. Restart your computer because of :
- This will delete various buffers in the operating system.
- Sometimes, the browser is not terminated properly - restarting can fix the problem.
Step 5 - If the problem is resolved
1. Update addons and activate them sequentially.
- Addons and skins are only available in support : << Tools, Scripts and Sims >>, please look there into the relevant thread.
Step 6 - If the problem persists
1. Please test a different browser on your computer.
- Internet Explorer / FireFox / Chrome / Opera / Safari.
Step 7 - If the problem persists
1. Please install a new browser from the list above on your computer and test it again.
- Chrome and Opera are recommended, especially for slow presentation speed.
Step 8 - If the problem is resolved
1. Problem with FireFox :
- Please uninstall all addons completely (uninstalling plugins is not necessary) an install them again.
2. Problem with Internet Explorer :
- Please update it to Internet Explorer 8!
3. Problem with Chrome :
- Please uninstall it and install it again.
4. Problem with Opera :
- Please uninstall it and install it again.
5. Generally :
- Please use the browser that works best with Ogame.
Step 9 - If the problem persists
1. If you installed a desktop firewall or Internet Security Suite :
- Disable this firewall - the firewall of windows is better and safer.
- Deactivate the virus scanner for testing purposes.
- Disable avaliable popup blocker, child protection filters and similar functions.
Step 10 - If the problem is resolved
1. Please only leave the Windows firewall enabled. 2. Configure the programs above correctly, so Ogame runs smoothly.
Step 11 - If the problem persists
1. Shut down all computer connected to the router ( Even those over WLAN ). 2. Shut down router, modem and switch for about 30sec. Some have a powerswitch, otherwise pull out the power cable. 3. Turn on the computer.
Step 12 - If the problem is resolved
1. Please check whether there are programs that may open simultaneously running on your computer.
Step 13 - If the problem persists
1. Please ask your friend to test your account for you.
- At best, he should use another Internet provider.
- Make sure to notify a Game Operator before doing this.
Step 14 - If the problem persists
1. Please visit Ogame Support Team for further help :
- First way to do that is via IRC in support channer #ogame-support - please join and wait for avaliable supporter to come and help you.
- Second way is via ticket here: << Ticket system >>